Save Water Essay for Students
“ The earth, the air, the land, and the water are not an inheritance from our forefathers but on loan from our children. So we have to hand it over to them at least as it was handed over to us.” – Mahatma Gandhi
500+ Words Essay on Save water save life
Outlines of the Essay –
- Save water save Life
- Importance of water conservation
- Water wastage Effect
- Water conservation measures
Table of Content
The term “save water” urges us to save water, one of the most important natural resources of the earth. The easy availability of water has made us careless. Today, a typical household wastes thousands of liters of water every year without realizing that it would require years to breed the same amount of water through natural processes.
There is so much water around us that we have forgotten the importance of this important gift of nature. An important natural resource like water is either being misused by us humans or it is being wasted by using it in large quantities.
This is the time when we have to understand the seriousness of this subject and take important steps towards water conservation, because if we start the water conservation initiative right now, then only then we will be able to secure a suitable amount of water for the future.
It is believed that the first origin of life on Earth originated in the water itself. This clean water is the most important basis of life on earth. We have not only exploited this natural resource but have also created a crisis on its availability by wasting huge amounts of it. Along with contaminating the rivers, oceans, we have spoiled the groundwater table as well.
Save water save Life
We cannot even envision life on earth without water, so it is very important that we understand its importance. Through research, it has been found that only 1 percent of the available water on the whole earth is present in the form of freshwater. Like every other thing, water is too wasted by us humans, so the day is not far when water will become expensive and precious like gold.
There are many ways in which water is wasted by us, some of these are mentioned below-
- Leave the tap open even when not in use.
- Leave water sprinkler devices open even when not used in plains and gardens.
- Not to reuse water: Most of the water can be reused, which can save a lot of water.
- Pollution of rivers and other sources of water.
- Unplanned Water Management.
- Deforestation due to which the level of groundwater is falling.
We should keep in mind that our body contains 70 percent water and how will we survive if there is not enough water for us on earth. We waste a lot of water every day in our daily activities such as washing cars, vegetables, and clothes, etc.
If this problem continues like this, soon either water will be left in very small quantity or it will be completely eliminated, due to which a crisis will be created on our existence. Anyway, in the current situation, there is very little clean water left for our use and the remaining water has to be purified under a long process before using it. We need ways through which water can be managed properly.
Importance of water conservation
It is very easy to understand that if we do not start conserving water, we will not survive. Water is the basis of every type of life on earth. Although we think that a sufficient amount of water is available on the earth, we forget that it is available in a limited quantity. If we do not start efforts to conserve water, the reserves of freshwater from the earth will soon be exhausted. Water conservation should be the first priority of all government institutions and citizens so that this problem can be resolved.
Water conservation has many positive effects on society. Due to increasing urbanization, the level of groundwater is rapidly decreasing, due to this there is very little left for our essential activities like farming and irrigation, etc. If we conserve water, then we will have sufficient water available for the fields and this will increase the yield of crops more.
Water conservation means that we also have to stop the felling of trees because the roots of the trees keep the level of underground water, with this, we can try to reduce this problem of water by planting more number of trees and a Can contribute to the creation of green earth.
With this, if we want to save water, then we also need to save our water sources. The pollution that we spread in the oceans and rivers has also taken a very formidable form, which is also destroying aquatic life. We need to immediately stop water pollution and try to clean our polluted rivers because a good aquatic ecosystem is very important for the life of our planet. Along with this, by conserving water, we will also be able to establish the right balance of life on earth.
Water wastage Effect
- Wastage of water has an impact on us in many ways, we are losing this valuable living property day by day.
- Due to wastage of water, the water level is falling day by day. Water level refers to groundwater, which plays an important role in balancing the environment.
- Due to too much waste and water pollution, there will be very little water left for our personal use. Due to this, our daily activities will be interrupted.
- Due to the wastage of water, we are also disturbing the balance of nature’s ecosystem.
- Due to the water crisis, precious aquatic life is coming to an end on our planet.
- Increasing pollution in water sources has also become a serious concern for environmentalists.
- Due to the wastage of water, there is a lot of loss in agricultural activities, because we all know that water is very important in the sowing of crops. Water is very important for crop irrigation and if we continue to wastewater in this way, very little water will be left for the farmers to use.
Water conservation measures
There are many ways in which we can save valuable assets like water by adopting it in our daily life.
- Turning off the tap water while washing hands continuously.
- By using less water when washing vehicles.
- Using less water while washing vegetables.
- By correcting the problem of water leakage in your homes.
- We can give our contribution to this initiative by not polluting the water sources.
- Turning off the water tap continuously while washing the mouth. We should use tap water only when it is needed.
- By using the bucket in place of the shower while bathing, we can save a significant amount of water by adopting this remedy.
- We can also contribute to this initiative by planting trees as it is very helpful in water conservation.
- By saving electricity, because many power generation centers generate electricity through hydroelectric energy, in this way we can save water by saving electricity as well.
We have to understand that by nature we have been provided free important resources like water and its value is very high, so we have to understand our responsibilities regarding this issue. In today’s time, a number of big campaigns are being run all over the world to conserve water, but still, most of us do not take any interest in this topic. As a responsible citizen of this country, it is our duty to make our children and younger generation understand the importance of water conservation.
The exchange of information between people is very important about this subject, only then this serious crisis of the future can be avoided and if we do not start efforts on this serious problem from now, that time will come soon. When the freshwater from the earth will be exhausted and our existence along with it. That is why it is very important that we understand this serious problem of the water crisis and implement its effective measures to prevent it.
Although we all know that wasting water is a bad thing, very few of us take it seriously. We need to understand the importance of water conservation and take the necessary steps for it. Not only this, but we also need to explain to our children the importance of water conservation in their student life, so that they can conserve this valuable natural wealth for their future.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Also Read –
- Essay on Air Pollution
- Essay on Environment
- Essay on Global Warming
- Essay on Unemployment in India
- Essay on Women Empowerment
- Essay on Freedom of Speech in India
Must Read –