Women safety in India Essay
500+Words Essay on Women Safety
“Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” ( Nancy Pelosi )
Outlines of the Essay –
- Education and Economic Development
- Female crime in India
- Laws related to women safety
- Safety Tips For Women
Table of Content
The safety of women is a very wide subject in itself. It is a hundred percent true that in Indian society, a woman is worshiped like Goddess Lakshmi. But the negative aspect towards women also cannot be ignored.
School and college-going students are living under the shadow of fear. Whenever she comes out of the house, she is forced to wear clothes covering from head to toe.
Even more strange is that in many places it has been seen that parents, in the greed for money, push their own daughter into the hell of prostitution.
It has become common to throw acid on a walking girl and kidnap anyone to satisfy their desire for a physical relationship. According to statistics, a woman is raped every 20 minutes in India.
After Seeing the increasing atrocities against women in the last few years, we cannot say that women are completely safe in our country. Women feel insecure especially if they want to go out alone.
It is really shameful for us that women in our country have to live in fear. The safety of their female members has become an issue of concern for every family.
Education and Economic Development
The difference between women and men in rural areas is sky-high whereas in urban areas it is not. The reason for this is the low literacy rate of women in the village. If we take the example of Kerala and Mizoram, then they fall under the category of exception. The female literacy rate in these two states is equal to men.
The main reason for the decrease in the female literacy rate is lack of adequate schools, lack of toilets, lack of female teachers, gender discrimination, etc. According to the data, the female literacy rate in 2020 was 60.6% while the male literacy rate was 81.3%.
Female crime in India
If we see the list of women crime in India, then it is very long. This includes acid throwing, forced prostitution, sexual violence, dowry killing, kidnapping, honor killing, rape, feticide, mental harassment, etc.
The list of laws related to women safety in India is very long –
- Child Marriage Act 1929
- Special Marriage Act 1954
- Hindu Marriage Act 1955
- Hindu Widow Remarriage Act 1856
- Indian Penal Code 1860
- Maternity Benefit Act 1861
- Foreign Marriage Act 1969
- Indian Divorce Act 1969
- Christian Marriage Act 1872
- Married Women Property Act 1874
- Muslim Woman Protection Act 1986
- National Commission for Women Act 1990
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Working Places Act 2013 etc.
Apart from this, the Lok Sabha on 7 May 2015 and the Rajya Sabha on 22 December 2015 has also made changes in the Juvenile Justice Bill. Under this, if a 16- to 18-year-old juvenile is found involved in a heinous crime, then he also has a provision for severe punishment.
(Especially after a juvenile delinquent in a case like Nirbhaya).
Safety Tips For Women
- First of all, every woman has to be taught the technique of self-defense and their morale also needs to be elevated. This will not make women feel any difficulty in facing adversity.
- Women should also keep in mind that they should not be said in private with an unknown male. They should keep themselves away from such situations.
- It is often seen that women perceive the severity of the situation sooner than any man. If they suspect any disturbance, then they should take some concrete steps soon.
- Women should take special care that they should be careful while interacting with any kind of unknown person through the internet or any other medium and should not give any personal details of their own.
- Women should never think of themselves as inferior to men, whether it is about mental capacity or physical strength.
- Women should always carry a pepper spray machine with them while going out of the house. However, it is not necessary to be completely dependent on this, they can also use any other option.
- If you have to stay in a hotel or other place in an unknown city, then ensure the safety of the staff logo and other things in advance.
- Seeing themselves surrounded in the opposite situation, women can also WhatsApp to an emergency number or a family from their phone.
Women’s safety is a serious issue. We all have to work together to solve this problem. Law and police help will have to be taken. The culprits and criminals who persecute the woman will have to be punished. The law will have to punish the culprits severely so that one can think a thousand times before committing misconduct with the woman. Women will have to raise their voices silently against the atrocities being perpetrated on them.
Despite the enactment of stringent laws, instead of a reduction in female crime, there is a continuous boom every day. The security of women in society continues to fall. Women are feeling insecure. The responsibility of changing the dirty environment for women is not only that of the government but of every common man so that every woman can live her life proudly.
Women’s safety is a social issue, it needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Women constitute almost half of the country’s population, who are physically, mentally, and socially afflicted. It is becoming an obstacle in the development and progress of the country.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Also Read –