What is a Speech
The easier it is to say a speech, the wider its impact. The power that exists in speech is not possible to find in other means of expression.
Many times the question is asked by the people that what is a speech? Or what is the definition of speech? If we want to answer this in simple words, then we can say that “Speech is that mode in which, while describing a subject fluently, ideas and facts are expressed in front of the people.”
We all want our voices to be heard and to inspire others through our thoughts, although we are not able to do this.
Do you know why this happens to us? This happens to us because we do not know when, where, what, and how to speak. We are not able to choose the right words at the right time.
Keeping these things in mind, we have created a list of great Persuasive speech topics for students, teachers, and anyone who speaks in public places.
With the help of persuasive speech topics, you can convey your ideas to your targeted audience in an effective manner that will help you to understand them.
What is a persuasive speech?
Persuasive speech is defined as a statement of reasoning whose main purpose is to influence the action or thinking of other people.
This is based on persuasion: that is, the art of articulating rhetorical arguments in such a way as to convince and influence a listener.
Types of Persuasive Speech Topics
- Factual Persuasive Speech– Use facts and figures to prove whether the topic is true or false
- Value Persuasive Speech– Argues whether something is morally correct or not
- Policy Persuasive Speech– Speeches that try to advance policies, laws, and more.
Tips for choosing the topic of a speech
To get a good speech it is preferable to focus on a single message. Put the focus of attention on an idea and develop it professionally.
- Who is the recipient of the speech? Who are we addressing? Depending on our target audience we will have to choose the content of the speech. If it is a very specialized audience, we will have to convey that we know what we are talking about, we have mastered the subject.
- Experience on the subject:- There is nothing worse than talking about a subject that we do not know. The speech will not be fluent and it will be noticed that we do not control the subject. Better to select the main idea based on our knowledge or experiences.
- Let the idea motivate us. When we are passionate about a topic we can defend it and transmit it much better than if we dislike the topic. The public perceives it, for this reason, it is advisable to opt for an idea that we like and know.
List of 217+ Persuasive Speech Topics for Students and Teachers
Here is a List of Persuasive Speech Topics
Persuasive Speech Topics about Farewell
- Farewell speech for boss
- Farewell speech for seniors
- Farewell Speech for Office
- Farewell Speech for Teachers
- Farewell speech for friends
- farewell speech on retirement
- Farewell speech for colleagues
- Farewell speech for students
Persuasive Speech Topics about Festivals and Events
- speech on Independence day
- speech on World population day
- speech on Republic day
- speech on teachers day
- speech on children’s day
- Speech on Gandhi Jayanti
- speech on world environment day
- speech on mother’s day
- speech on human rights day
- speech on Hindi day
- Speech on International Women’s Day
- speech on labor day
- speech on world heritage day
- speech for teachers on independence day
- speech on Ambedkar Jayanti
- speech for the principal on independence day
- Speech for the Principal on Children’s Day
- speech on the celebration of teachers day
- speech for teachers on children’s day
- speech for teachers on republic day
- speech on the national flag
- Speech on Sant Ravidas Jayanti
Persuasive Speech Topics about Social Issues
- speech on environment
- speech on save water
- speech on child labour
- Speech on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- speech on cleanliness
- speech on unity in diversity
- speech on clean India campaign
- speech on global warming
- speech on women empowerment
- speech on save daughter
- speech on education
- speech on the importance of education
- speech on adult education
- speech on natural resources
- speech on national integration
- speech on corruption
- speech on unemployment
- speech on organ donation
- speech on organ trafficking
- speech on global terrorism
- speech on the Indian education system
- speech on terrorism
- speech on corruption free India
- speech on unity
- speech on girl’s education
- speech on human rights
- speech on child trafficking
Persuasive Speech Topics about environment
- speech on pollution
- speech on save environment
- speech on nature
- speech on disaster management
- Speech on Rainwater Harvesting
- speech on earthquake
- speech on deforestation
Persuasive Speech Topics about about Science
- Space travel should be free.
- Human cloning is unethical.
- Importance of scientific research.
- Importance of Nanotechnology and Robotics.
- Religion and science are opposite to each other.
Persuasive Speech Topics about Education
- Speech On Books
- Speech on Education
- Speech On Education System In India
- Speech On Girls Education
- School uniform is a must.
- School days should be short.
- Schools should be bilingual.
- Value Of Education Speech
- Importance Of Education Speech
- State universities are better than private universities.
Persuasive Speech Topics about Technology
- Wireless technology is more useful
- Violent video games are dangerous.
- Security cameras and loss of privacy.
- Why is it necessary to use social networks?
- Consequences of technology in modern life.
- Artificial intelligence is going to replace humans.
Persuasive Speech Topics about Social life
- How to avoid toxic relationships.
- Virtual meetings bring more benefits.
- Importance of personal development.
- Reality TV (reality show) exploits people.
- The importance of emotional intelligence.
Persuasive Speech Topics about Social Problems
- Poverty is increasing.
- Cricket is an overrated sport.
- Players should be loyal to their team.
- Gratitude makes us people happy.
- Religion should not be taught in schools.
- Current security measures are not enough.
- Single parent adoption should be promoted.
Persuasive Speech Topics about Gender equality
- Feminism does not exist.
- Child rearing and gender equality.
- Beauty standards and their impact on women.
- The wages of men are higher than that of women.
- How to change the masculine attitude in society.
- How can equality between men and women be promoted?
- There should be more presence of women in higher positions.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS